Sunday, June 10, 2012

Monday Menu 6/11


Breakfast (B1)
Gluten-free Pancakes: I guess I'm feeling in the mood for comfort food. There's a lot of that in this week's menu. I've made these before and they didn't set up well for me- but the pancake pieces were to die for! I've been missing a good flapjack breakfast and with the tips listed on this page, I'm sure success is not far away!

Snacks
(S1) Roasted Broccoli: She says that she's never met anyone who has not liked this recipe. I'm intrigued..... Enough to try it.....

(S2) Berry Salad: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, you name it! Throw it all together to make a salad. Be sure to eat some protien with it (nuts, seeds, etc.) to balance out the sugars from your berries.

Dessert
(Des 1) Black and White Cake: I've made this recipe many times and it's a hit with everyone. You would never know it was grain, dairy, and sugar-free. I don't use the white chocolate chips. I add dark chocolate chips instead to keep the sugar content down. It's great with fresh strawberries!

Dinners
(D1) Shepherd's Pie: Gotta love comfort food! Use either goat cheese or omit the cheese altogether to make it dairy-free.

(D2) Vegan Mac n Cheese: Another intriguing recipe.

(D3) Avocado Salad: Romain heart, tomato, avocado, pine nuts, goat cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. One of my favs.

(D4) Burgers: Get out the grill and wrap your burger in iceburg lettuce instead of a bun. Top with your favorite toppings with corn on the cob on the side.

(D5) Kabobs: Grab some skewers, a meat like chicken or steak, and chopped veggies- onion, peppers, tomatoes, etc. Once you assemble your kabobs, marinate in Italian dressing and grill those babies up!

No comments:

Post a Comment