Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello Everyone!  I am Brittany, one of Megan's many cousins.  I live in Indiana with my husband and two and a half kids:) My husband is in his 3rd year of Dental School and I CAN'T. WAIT. UNTIL. IT'S. OVER! Anyway, Megan asked me to be a contributor to this blog!  I love that other people enjoy what I eat! I eat this way because I feel so much better when I do. Plain and simple. So to start off I am sharing with you my recent beauty secret:) Just kidding, it's not a secret but, I can't live without it!

The best thing I have done for my skin was to make a homemade salt scrub! I even use it on my face, I use my face wash first then apply the scrub(I haven't had any breakouts from it...yet....hopefully never...every skin is different. Mine is combination).   I use this salt scrub recipe in every shower even if it's everyday! I can feel a major difference when I don't use it.  If you want extra soft skin use your favorite body lotion following. I actually haven't found a favorite body lotion so anyone out there have any suggestions?

Here is what I use in my scrub:

Almond Oil
Jojoba Oil
Olive Oil 
 Sea Salt


There are no exact proportions that I follow. It's best if you experiment for yourself.  However, when you mix the scrub, put the salt in first then the olive oil. Put the jojoba oil in next and add the almond oil(this should get rid of the smell of olive oil).  First time I tried it, I smelled like an Italian entree':)  That is, until I rinsed off.  Let me know what you all think!  Have a Healthy Day!

PS-The Menu posted this week was from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment